It's the end of your three week vacation in Southeast Asia. You did good. You managed to hit all the locations on the backpacker's circuit; lounging on the tropical Islands off the Thai Peninsula, experiencing the street food of Bangkok, exploring the temples of Siem Reap, and shopping on the floating markets of the Mekong River. Now, with just a few days left before your flight home, ...
BY EMMA JOHNSON Bosses’ profit-driven disregard for workers’ lives killed three and injured 34 in two factory building collapses in Cambodia less than one week apart. ';We are not surprised when they cave in, they are jerry-built buildings that owners put little money in,'; said Say Sokny, general secretary of the Free Trade Union of Workers in a May 21 phone interview ...
FIDH, ADHOC and LICADHO welcome the opening, on 27 May 2013, of the Impact Hearings before the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC) in Case ...
The cabinet has appointed representatives to the joint working group with Cambodia on border development and transportation links. Deputy government spokesman Sunisa Lertphakhawat said 17 members were appointed. Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichackchaikul would head the Thai delegation. The working group is authorised to propose policies on the development of border areas and transportation ...
KANDAL, Cambodia, May 24 (Xinhua) -- Thousands of Buddhist monks and Buddhists marched on Friday morning around Preah Reach Trap Mountain, where the relics of Buddha are housed, to celebrate the Visak Bochea's Day, or Buddha's Day. The annually religious ceremony was attended by Great Supreme Patriarch Tep Vong, leader of the Mohanikaya Buddhist sect, and Supreme Patriarch Bou Kry, ...
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (¡Atame!)
Near the middle of Pedro Almodovar's "Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!," a young man tells the object of his affection, "I'm 23 years old, I have 50,000 pesetas, and I'm alone in the world. I'll try to be a good husband to you, and a good father to your kids." It's lines like this that make this deranged black comedy work despite its shortcomings because you never have any doubt that he means it. It's humo ... ...
Europ Continents, an international distributor of medical equipment in South-East Asia, has introduced new test kits for HIV and syphilis, aimed at ensuring a timely diagnosis.The company's Healthcare Division Manager, Pierrick Chambrin, said the test would reduce the amount of time taken to obtain the result of tests for HIV. Only one blood sample is needed to test for both conditions.The ...
Fix for Off-canvas flickr --> This site is optimized with the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin v1.4.3 - http://yoast.com/wordpress/seo/ ...
Cambodia An illegal logger in Cambodia has dropped an address book during a bust, leaving behind details of corrupt government officials and spying rangers. The man fled after being intercepted by police over an illegal haul of rare rosewood in Koh Kong province earlier this month.Beth Eisenstaedt from Wildlife Alliance helped coordinate the bust and has told Radio ...
Morning shift workers arrive at a factory in Phnom Penh. After an overloaded mezzanine collapsed at the Wing Star Shoes Factory on the southern outskirts of Phnom Penh last week, killing two workers and injuring 11 others, the Cambodian government sprang into action. One of the prime minister's sons was dispatched to ...
WAM ABU DHABI, May 23rd, 2013 -- Khamana Anthirat, Laotian Deputy Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, and President of that nation's Chess Federation, has praised the efforts of Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifa bin Shakhboot Al Nahyan, President of the Asian Chess Federation, in the deployment and development of the game in Asia in general, and Laos in particular. This came during a ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Driving down by the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, to the combined entrances of the Sheration Wakiki and the Royal Hawaiian ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Cambodian TimesCambodian Times – Continuous News Updates from Cambodia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Cambodian Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Cambodian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Cambodian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Cambodian news, the weather forecast for Cambodian you'll find it all in the Cambodian Times.
From Kampong to Phnom Penh, the Cambodian Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
India will provide 40,000 bottles of indelible ink to Cambodia to be used in the country's general election in July, the National Election Committee(NEC) said Friday.
The ink, to cost about $830,000, will be brought to Cambodia in June, Xinhua quoted Indian Ambassador to Cambodia Dinesk K. Patnaik as saying in a statement.
The NEC has issued a letter of appreciation to the Indian government for the donation, NEC Secretary General Tep Nytha said.
He said the indelible ink, which is unable to be washed off for 7-15 days, will be used to mark voters' fingers.
Cambodia is scheduled to hold general elections for the 123-seat parliament July 28.
Some 9.67 million Cambodians are eligible to cast their ballot.
Tep said that as of Friday, six political parties have registered with the NEC to run in the upcoming elections.
Analysts project that the ruling Cambodian People's Party of Prime Minister Hun Sen will win the elections.
Hun Sen, 61, has been in power for 28 years.
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- TV Broadcasters Launch Aereokiller Lawsuit in Washington
- Television wins new respect from movie elite at Cannes festival
- UPDATE 1-News Corps publishing business to initiate stock buyback
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX may open lower on fears of less Fed stimulus
- Heart healthy lifestyle may help protect kidney patients from dying prematurely
- How Growth of Elderly Population in U.S. Compares with Other Countries
- Housekeeper admits stealing elderly womans ring
- US STOCKS-Wall Street slips on angst over longevity of Fed stimulus
- Aging Japanese judo official was sex pest
- With fleeting reference to God Australian evangelical draws big audience in Communist Vietnam
- Foreign preacher takes rare turn on Vietnam stage
- Australian preacher takes on Vietnam
- Vietnams CPI deflates again in May
- Serco under pressure over Qld escapees
- Nawaz Sharifs govt. faces urgent calls to address violence against journalists
- Canadian Businessman on Trial in Cuban Corruption Crackdown
- Security Council Press Statement on Attacks in Niger
- Obama Orders Review of Policy on Journalists
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act used to threaten journalists
- Google boss warns students against censorship of net and digital ethnic cleansing
- Google May Follow Apple on Tax-Dodging Dividend
- Why Yahoo Buying Tumblr Is Not Great For The NYC Tech Scene
- One Direction sweeps awards for most popular social media stars
- Google Reportedly Interested In Acquiring Waze
- Cambodias Booming New Industry Orphanage Tourism
- Fights by Cambodia garment workers grow amid bosses deadly profit drive - The Militant
- Trial in the ECCC Case 002 Civil Parties will make their voice heard - FIDH
- Reps to joint border group appointed - Bangkok Post
- Cambodia observes Buddhas Day - Xinhua
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cambodian Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Private firms may travel to lunar surface NASA report
- Alice Eve believes in aliens
- NASAs Chandra explores hidden population of exotic neutron stars
- Hubble reveals Ring Nebulas true shape
- Rare birth of mega-galaxy captured by space telescope