PHNOM PENH, May 23 (Xinhua) -- Leaders of ASEAN power utilities and authorities gathered here on Thursday to follow up the progress of the ambitious ASEAN power grid action plan, which was set to inter-connect power lines in the 10 ASEAN member states by 2020.Speaking to reporters after the opening of the 29th meeting of the Heads of ASEAN Power Utilities and Authorities Council, Keo Rottanak, ...
Lao government energy officials yesterday met with hydropower experts from around the world to discuss ways to advance sustainable hydropower development. The talks between Deputy Minister of Energy and Mines Viraphonh Viravong, his delegation and hydropower experts took place this week during a meeting of the International Hydropower Association (IHA) in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. "We ...
The Asian Development Bank has urged the Lao government to strengthen its capacity to manage land and natural resources in order to ensure the sustainable growth of the Lao economy in the longer term. According to the bank's recently released Asian Development Outlook report, the Lao government is experiencing difficulties managing land concessions after allowing private sector investors ...
The International Labour Organisation says Cambodian garment factories refusing to comply with safety requirements have one last chance before they are named and ...
Cambodia's top human rights official lashed out at a U.N. envoy Wednesday over requests for an update on the country's progress on rights, criticizing the envoy of "ignoring" earlier government responses to international concerns. Om Yentieng, president of the Cambodia Human Rights Committee, accused U.N. Special Rapporteur for Human Rights Surya Subedi at a press conference ...
The Ninth Gate
Roman Polanski's "The Ninth Gate" is a solid, engrossing supernatural mystery-thriller that comes completely undone in the last five minutes by presenting us with a vague, inexplicable ending that simply does not fit with the rest of the film. ...
Organizers of Season of Cambodia announce the final week of events for its two-month long arts festival, which began in early April 2013, and now culminates with a visual arts 'Open Studio' exhibition of works by five artists-in-residence at Governors Island off the southern tip of Manhattan. This 'open studio' of work reflects two months of work by contemporary Cambodian and ...
By Melinda Boh VIENTIANE - It was once referred to by US magazine Newsweek as a "kinder, gentler" type of dam. Since the Nam Theun 2 hydropower dam commenced commercial operations in 2010, the World Bank and other proponents of the multi-billion dollar power project have trumpeted it as an economic and social development success story for host country Laos. But with the negative ...
Hennes & Mauritz AB (HMB) , Europe's second-biggest clothing retailer, said some H&M garments were produced without its knowledge or approval at a factory in Cambodia where workers were injured in a partial building collapse this week. A supplier of the Stockholm-based company placed two minor orders with an unapproved sub-supplier at the Hong Kong-owned Top World garment ...
PHNOM PENH, May 22 (Xinhua) -- Cambodia's insurance industry earned a total premium of 12 million U.S. dollars in the first three months of 2013, up 30 percent compared with the same period last year, according to the industry's report released Wednesday.The main sources of the premium were from fire insurance of 28 percent, motor insurance of 18 percent, personal accident insurance of ...
BANGKOK, 22 May 2013 (NNT) - Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn on 21 May witnessed the signing of an agreement to extend the Royal Project on educational and public health assistance to Cambodia by three more years. The signing ceremony was held at Chitralada Palace between representatives of the Committee for the Royal Project on educational and public health assistance to ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Jurys Inn Christchurch
Driving around Dublin I came across an imposing building with the masthead, Jurys Inn Christchurch. I was looking to do ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Cambodian TimesCambodian Times – Continuous News Updates from Cambodia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Cambodian Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Cambodian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Cambodian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Cambodian news, the weather forecast for Cambodian you'll find it all in the Cambodian Times.
From Kampong to Phnom Penh, the Cambodian Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
India will provide 40,000 bottles of indelible ink to Cambodia to be used in the country's general election in July, the National Election Committee(NEC) said Friday.
The ink, to cost about $830,000, will be brought to Cambodia in June, Xinhua quoted Indian Ambassador to Cambodia Dinesk K. Patnaik as saying in a statement.
The NEC has issued a letter of appreciation to the Indian government for the donation, NEC Secretary General Tep Nytha said.
He said the indelible ink, which is unable to be washed off for 7-15 days, will be used to mark voters' fingers.
Cambodia is scheduled to hold general elections for the 123-seat parliament July 28.
Some 9.67 million Cambodians are eligible to cast their ballot.
Tep said that as of Friday, six political parties have registered with the NEC to run in the upcoming elections.
Analysts project that the ruling Cambodian People's Party of Prime Minister Hun Sen will win the elections.
Hun Sen, 61, has been in power for 28 years.
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- April sees Japan trade deficit jump to 879.9bn yen
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- US delegation to urge labour reforms in Bangladesh
- UPDATE 1-Chinas Lenovo buys and diversifies to outshine PC rivals
- SoftBank would appoint security director to Sprint board
- Syrian activists Facebook pages said to be shuttered
- Drive on Android scans receipts adds Cards
- Now for sale on Craigslist Google Glass
- Italy has lowest graduate share in Europe
- Imran Khans PTI seeks pro-Taliban clerics help to initiate peace talks with outfit
- Sick Inmates Dying Behind Bars Despite Release Program
- Cask ahoy Winery tests ocean aging
- Aging Asia to strain worlds long-term economic growth think-tank
- Nixon library hosts 40th reunion for Vietnam POWs
- Decades later Vietnam vets to get their welcome home
- Device to stop taxi cheats
- Vietnam-France relations edge closer
- Quang Binh fishermen free trapped whale
- Warner to face Cricket Australia hearing via teleconference
- British journalist pens Laras biography
- Government shouldnt access journalists records
- A new front in the Obama war on journalists
- Uganda Uganda Police Holding Our Newspapers - Rwandan Publishers
- Yahoo Oz PAYS Punters To Search
- Review Google music plan solid serendipitous
- ‘Same copyright boat’ Dotcom vows not to sue Google Facebook in exchange for legal support
- Google Voice Can Prevent Twitters New Security System From Locking You Out
- The YahooTumblr deal explained
- ASEAN power chiefs meet in Cambodia to follow up blocs ambitious power grid ... - Shanghai Daily
- Energy officials in Laos look at best practice in hydropower sustainability
- ADB urges Laos to ensure better land management
- ILO to name unsafe Cambodia garment factories - Radio Australia
- Cambodian Official Rejects UN Request for Update on Rights - Radio Free Asia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cambodian Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Japanese climber 80 becomes oldest atop Mount Everest
- Urban renewal Big U.S. cities showing strong growth
- Nissan to recall 841000 vehicles due to steering wheel glitch
- Switching from scandals Obama to address drones and Guantanamo
- Nearly all US states see hefty drop in teen births