Tourists visit Angkor Wat temple during sunrise in Siem Reap, Cambodia, on July 14, 2012. A lost medieval city that thrived on a mist-shrouded mountain 1,200 years ago has been discovered by archaeologists in the Siem Reap region. A lost medieval city that thrived on a mist-shrouded Cambodian mountain 1,200 years ago has been discovered by archaeologists using revolutionary airborne laser ...
Phnom Penh - The US Department of State downgraded Cambodiain its annual report on human trafficking Wednesday, and said Phnom Penh's reported efforts to combat trafficking had slowed from the previous year. Corruption among law enforcement officials and a lack of adequate protection for women, men, and children who were trafficked for sex or forced labour contributed to a "climate of ...
Human rights defenders in Cambodia are less safe than they were a year ago according to a report published on 19 June 2013 by ARTICLE 19 and the Cambodian Center for Human Rights (CCHR). The risk assessment survey shows the security situation in the country deteriorated significantly in 2012 as the government crackdown on fundamental human rights intensified ahead of July's elections. The ...
PHNOM PENH, June 19 (Xinhua) -- Cambodia and China on Wednesday jointly celebrated the 55th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations, vowing to further enhance the ties to a new high level.The event was highly attended by President of Cambodia's National Assembly Heng Samrin, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Hor Namhong, members of the Cambodian government, ...
Cambodia has suffered a severe drop in ranking in a U.S. annual report on human trafficking released Wednesday amid allegations of widespread corruption among enforcement officials and a decline in government efforts to help victims and prosecute traffickers. The U.S. State Department, which prepared the report, also noticed a "weakening trend" in Laos in bringing traffickers to book ...
Brian De Palmas Femme Fatale is a tour de force of giddy-enthralling cinematic trashiness. Its a true return to a form for an old master who is constantly threatening to mellow and go soft, a highly self-conscious meditation on both De Palmas inspirations and himself. Its everything De Palmas detractors hate about him and his fans love about himit thumbs its nose at convention, laughs at l ... ...
A decrepit railway line in Cambodia only sees about one scheduled train per week, but that doesn't mean it goes unused the rest of the time. According ...
AUSTRALIA is to give $A3.25 million extra support to the UN-backed Khmer Rouge war crimes tribunal, the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC) ...
Phnom Penh, Jun 19 (Prensa Latina) Local media outlets highlighted today the guarantees that Cambodia and Thailand gave to UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova that they will respect the decision that the International Court of Justice adopt about the territorial sovereignty of the temple Preah Vihear. The UNESCO Director-General, who is visiting this capital, was interested in the dispute ...
A Cambodian Lost City has been found using airborne laser scanners. According to a report on Live Science, the city was only known from inscriptions and existed about 1,200 years ago. The city ...
(Globalpost/GlobalPost) Britain was set to enjoy its hottest day of the year so far on Wednesday but woke up to the gloomy news that it could be in the middle of a decade-long bad weather cycle. National weather and climate experts met on Tuesday to discuss Europe's run of unusually wet and cold conditions, and were told the cause could be Atlantic currents that move in cycles of 10 years ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Mantra on Jolimont, East Melbourne, Australia
Right from our arrival the Mantra on Jolimont had an air of friendliness, and a sense that the property was ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Cambodian TimesCambodian Times – Continuous News Updates from Cambodia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Cambodian Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Cambodian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Cambodian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Cambodian news, the weather forecast for Cambodian you'll find it all in the Cambodian Times.
From Kampong to Phnom Penh, the Cambodian Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Some 40,000 bottles of indelible ink, donated by the Indian government, were delivered to Cambodia's National Election Committee (NEC) Wednesday for use in general elections July 28.
The poll panel accepted the ink from Indian Ambassador to Cambodia Dinesh K. Patnaik.
NEC's chairman Im Suosdey said the ink cost $877,800, and each bottle contains 70 cc, reported Xinhua.
"The Indian government always pays close attention and support for electoral process in Cambodia," Im Suosdey said. "The donation shows more constant solidarity, friendship and cooperation between Cambodia and India."
The indelible ink will be used to mark voters' fingers and it cannot be washed off for 7 to 15 days.
Cambodia is scheduled to hold a general elections for the 123-seat parliament July 28, he said, adding that over 9 million Cambodians are eligible to cast their ballots.
Eight political parties will run in the elections. Three major parties among the registered parties are the ruling Cambodian People's Party of Prime Minister Hun Sen, the main opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party led by self-exiled leader Sam Rainsy, and the royalist Funcinpec Party headed by Princess Norodom Arun Rasmey, the youngest daughter of the late king Norodom Sihanouk. ...
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- 2.7 mn Jeeps to be recalled by Chrysler over concerns on fuel tanks
- Settlement monitor faults four largest US mortgage servicers for lapses
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- How European Public Broadcasters Cash Crunch Affects Hollywood
- UPDATE 3-Sony CEO asks for patience as shareholders press on spinoff plan
- Southeast Asia e-tailer Lazada raises $100M in funding
- UPDATE 5-Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- In Vietnam New Virus Isolated From Patients With Severe Brain Infections
- China Vietnam talk amid South China Sea tensions
- Truck blaze closes Hai Van tunnel in 20 minutes
- Four Vietnamese salvage workers die on ship
- China Vietnam Agree on Hotline to Resolve Maritime Disputes
- Tip Pointers for those leading a newsroom
- US tax bill rejection fails to ignite press
- International - Special report Journalists in exile 2013
- Sony CEO asks for patience as shareholders press on spinoff plan
- SKorea adopts tougher penalties for sex offenders removes need for victim to press charges
- Lost medieval city found in Cambodia - Capital FM Kenya
- Cambodia anti-trafficking efforts criticised in US report
- Cambodia - Marked deterioration in human rights in Cambodia
- Cambodia China celebrate 55th anniversary of diplomatic ties - Peoples Daily Online
- Cambodia Laos Slip in Anti-Trafficking Efforts - Radio Free Asia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cambodian Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Havent seen any UFOs says Chinese astronaut
- How molecular hydrogen is created below moons surface
- UK politician claims fathering love-child with alien mistress in UFO
- NASAs Curiosity rover captures billion-pixel image of Mars
- NASAs Cassini may reveal how Earth looks like from Saturn