The demonstrators submitted a petition at the EU delegation asking for an intervention and marched to the United Nations rights office where leaders briefly met with visiting UN envoy Surya Subedi.The march was organised by the Cambodian National Rescue Party, which is a merger of the former Sam Rainsy Party and the Human Rights Party. It's the main opposition force against the powerful and ...
Second Cambodian factory collapse injures 23 workers who produce clothes for ... - The Daily Telegraph
GEORGE Burbury, the young Cat who starred in the club's VFL premiership last year, will make his AFL debut against Port Adelaide on ...
Rubber processing factories in Lao province of Oudomxay are facing unexpected problems because China is not allowing the import of rubber from Laos at the moment, causing large amounts of the material to remain in stock.Sino-Lao Rubber Company Director Oun told the media recently that, after the company had invested in the building of a rubber processing factory, they encountered an export ...
Laos and Thailand have agreed to boost their cooperation in various sectors with several agreements signed during their second Joint Cabinet Retreat (JCR) in Chiang Mai on Sunday.The three memorandums of understanding signed during the meeting were on unofficial results of the 2nd JCR, agricultural cooperation, and on ownership, management and maintenance of the 4th Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge ...
Kate Barrette Cummins and her daughter Millie Cummins, 11, will host an exhibition on Friday of Cambodian art to raise money for street children in that country. Picture: BEN ...
Bend It Like Beckham
Bend It Like Beckham, a culture-clash sports comedy about the difficulties faced by young women who dont embrace their traditional roles and just want to play soccer (I mean, football), was a sleeper hit in England last year and has become a word-of-mouth hit in the U.S. ever since its release a few months ago. Its success on both shores is not particularly surprising since it offers the k ... ...
Vitray's first memories are of the tent cities in Thailand where Cambodian refugees found safety during the killing-fields era of the Khmer Rouge regime. Vitray was one of the lucky ones, as his family eventually managed to emigrate to America-to a Nashville ghetto plighted by bullets and crack cocaine. At 24, he traveled to Phnom Penh to get engaged. A handsome American citizen, he was ...
By Ivan Oransky NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The importance of health literacy hit home for Lisa Gualtieri when a Cambodian refugee diagnosed with cancer asked her to act as a patient advocate. She played the role of a "salty tongue," a Cambodian expression that paints outspokenness in a positive light. But even though the patient's family was in the room when doctors took the ...
Doan Nguyen Duc, chairman of Hoang Anh Gia Lai Corporation, has rejected all accusations made against his company of deforesting and appropriating land in Laos and Cambodia by the NGO Global Witness, calling them ';groundless.'; The organisation recently released a report titled ';Rubber Barons'; – apparently a play on ';robber barons'; which refers to ...
stroke of luck that the number wasn't much higher. Then, on Monday, ten more workers in Cambodia, including a pregnant woman, were injured when an outdoor platform where workers took breaks toppled over. The incidents linked two low-income countries whose export-driven garment and footwear industries supplying major international brands were already being discussed together - but as ...
It's shown as being played by maidens on the walls of the great Angkor Wat.But no modern ear has known the sound of the pin, until recently.Now, thanks to the work of Cambodian researchers and musicians, the sound of Angkor Wat's lost harp will be heard ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Merve Griffin's Beverly Hilton Hotel
As I approached this grand old hotel on famous Wilshire Boulevarrd, just off Santa Monica Boulevard I couldn't help thinking ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Cambodian TimesCambodian Times – Continuous News Updates from Cambodia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Cambodian Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Cambodian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Cambodian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Cambodian news, the weather forecast for Cambodian you'll find it all in the Cambodian Times.
From Kampong to Phnom Penh, the Cambodian Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
India will provide 40,000 bottles of indelible ink to Cambodia to be used in the country's general election in July, the National Election Committee(NEC) said Friday.
The ink, to cost about $830,000, will be brought to Cambodia in June, Xinhua quoted Indian Ambassador to Cambodia Dinesk K. Patnaik as saying in a statement.
The NEC has issued a letter of appreciation to the Indian government for the donation, NEC Secretary General Tep Nytha said.
He said the indelible ink, which is unable to be washed off for 7-15 days, will be used to mark voters' fingers.
Cambodia is scheduled to hold general elections for the 123-seat parliament July 28.
Some 9.67 million Cambodians are eligible to cast their ballot.
Tep said that as of Friday, six political parties have registered with the NEC to run in the upcoming elections.
Analysts project that the ruling Cambodian People's Party of Prime Minister Hun Sen will win the elections.
Hun Sen, 61, has been in power for 28 years.
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Customers not as happy with iPhone as they were last year
- Yahoos rise in Asia offsets risk from Tumblr bet
- Flickrs 1TB for photos is great but how about a smart shoebox
- One of the Few in Hollywood Who Can Say ‘No’ to Harvey Weinstein
- UPDATE 2-Sprint receives SoftBank waiver to consider Dish offer
- Winona Ryder proud of forehead lines
- Dame Helen Mirren becomes the Queen for dying fan
- Sleep apnea in seniors linked to Alzheimers
- For the elderly in US poetry blunts the pain of isolation
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 review As I Lay Dying directed by and starring James Franco is a solemn uneven affair
- VNA continues to help AO victims
- Religious freedom in Viet Nam guaranteed
- Vietnam vet gets heros homecoming
- Amber Alert for 2 children abducted
- Dead pig transport a concern in south
- Uganda to Continue Leaked Letter Investigation Says Official
- India and China have more mutual interest than differences
- Warners Twitter rant sparked by Sreesanth-linking image on IPL article
- New revelations of US government spying on the press
- Uganda Police Shut Newspapers Radio Stations Over Political Controversy
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- Yahoo vows not to ruin Tumblr after $1.1B takeover
- Amazon wins key cloud security clearance from government
- Yahoos rise in Asia offsets risk from Tumblr bet
- Blogger better be a billionaire says open access publisher lawsuit
- Sam Rainsy confident of returning to Cambodia to contest elections - Radio Australia
- Second Cambodian factory collapse injures 23 workers who produce clothes for ... - The Daily Telegraph
- Rubber factories in Laos encounter export problem with China
- Laos Thailand agree on future cooperation
- Duo helping Cambodias street orphans - The Border Mail
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cambodian Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Climate change after cosmic impact may have wiped out wooly mammoths
- Venus Jupiter and Mercury will dance in spring twilight
- Images of Oklahoma tornado devastation
- Voyage to Mars has its skeptics
- First Person Taking shelter as tornadoes hit Oklahoma City area