Yahoo Japan faced a hack attack, which reportedly led to a theft of 22 million user ids that constitutes one tenth of its 200 million members. A file of ID details was stolen from the administration system at Yahoo Japan, which was spotted late on 16th May. In a report by BBC, the tech firm cut the net access as soon as it detected the attack. Although the firm was not sure if the data had ...
Hours after Yahoo announced its acquisition of Tumblr for 1.1 billion dollars, the latter's users have started posting threats about exiting from the site. Tumblr users describe the site where they got to be themselves with no ads, or tailored blogs to suit the interests of the users, if Yahoo acquires it, Tumblr is likely to undergo change and not remain the same ad-free site. According to a ...
After acquiring Tumblr for 1.1 billion dollars, Yahoo has announced major changes to its photo sharing service Flickr. CEO Marissa Mayer announced the change to make Flickr 'awesome again'. On offer is a cleaner design, an Android app and more importantly a full free terabyte of storage, maximum compared to any other photo sharing service. The new look of Flickr will be devoid of the white ...
and Tumblr, Seamless North America and GrubHub, and Vista Equity Partners announced acquisition of Websense. Stand alone deals are always interesting given the potential response - some companies do nothing, others quickly put other companies into play while others up the ante for an existing transaction. Historically, however, big acquisitions tend to realize the big synergies -- better known ...
Yahoo is a media and technology giant. It is claimed that around 700 million people still visit Yahoo websites every month, and yet I personally can't remember the last time I went to a Yahoo site, and I don't know anyone who uses Yahoo for search, email, or news -- or visits the fabled Yahoo home page. To me Yahoo mostly exists in the past, largely forgotten and gathering dust. I ...
Hostel Part II [DVD]
In Hostel (2006), writer/director Eli Roth reworked the broad parameters of the cautionary fairy tale into a grisly horror meatgrinder, one of the best of the recent glut of so called torture porn. What set Roth's film apart from so many others was its hard-edged moral backbone--th ... ...
Microsoft shares are barely moving this morning, but that could change following a major announcement. Let's take a look at the tech stocks to watch Tuesday. Microsoft welcomes the next Xbox. The tech ...
Yahoo Inc announced on Monday it would shell out $1.1 billion to buy blogging service Tumblr, in a bid to revitalise its brand and attract a younger generation of users.Yahoo has been criticised for making big acquisitions that have not always reaped lasting ...
a big part of Tumblr is the porn – it’s not the biggest part by any means, but it’s significant. And ever since news of the big Yahoo acquisition, Tumblr users have worried that Yahoo may attempt to clean up Tumblr’s image by controlling certain types of content. Fear not, Tumblr users. Your porn isn’t going anywhere. For the first time since the acquisition ...
Google this week announced it was killing Google Checkout, the company's PayPal competitor. Google would like to migrate its Checkout customers over to Google Wallet, pictured. Google is killing Checkout, the companys 7-year experiment in improving online payment processing. The service will die on Nov. 20. In the meantime, the search giant is asking existing Google Checkout customers to ...
Go slowly on Tumblr. That was the key message for Yahoo management by investors and industry watchers as they digest Yahoo's $1.1 billion acquisition of Tumblr that was announced ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Charing Cross
I had stayed at this hotel once before, some years previous, so was looking forward to a new review. The ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Cambodian TimesCambodian Times – Continuous News Updates from Cambodia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Cambodian Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Cambodian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Cambodian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Cambodian news, the weather forecast for Cambodian you'll find it all in the Cambodian Times.
From Kampong to Phnom Penh, the Cambodian Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
India will provide 40,000 bottles of indelible ink to Cambodia to be used in the country's general election in July, the National Election Committee(NEC) said Friday.
The ink, to cost about $830,000, will be brought to Cambodia in June, Xinhua quoted Indian Ambassador to Cambodia Dinesk K. Patnaik as saying in a statement.
The NEC has issued a letter of appreciation to the Indian government for the donation, NEC Secretary General Tep Nytha said.
He said the indelible ink, which is unable to be washed off for 7-15 days, will be used to mark voters' fingers.
Cambodia is scheduled to hold general elections for the 123-seat parliament July 28.
Some 9.67 million Cambodians are eligible to cast their ballot.
Tep said that as of Friday, six political parties have registered with the NEC to run in the upcoming elections.
Analysts project that the ruling Cambodian People's Party of Prime Minister Hun Sen will win the elections.
Hun Sen, 61, has been in power for 28 years.
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- ATT Sprint waive overage fees for Oklahoma tornado victims
- Pandora now lets you listen to albums before theyre released
- MU earns EPL-record $93 mn from broadcasters
- Manchester United banks record $93-million from broadcasters for season
- UPDATE 6-Ireland rejects blame for Apples low tax rate
- RPT-Vietnam gives green light for bad debt bank
- Oil production starts offshore Vietnam
- Vietnam Again Escapes Blacklisting As State Dep’t. Cites ‘Positive’ Moves on Religious Freedom
- Vietnam Stocks Climb to 5-Week High on Signs Inflation Slowing
- Airport customs officers seized over 5kg rhino horns
- Uganda to Continue Leaked Letter Investigation Says Official
- Algeria Algerian Press Demand Truth On Bouteflikas Health
- 2 SCOTUS Judges in 1971 Espionage Act Doesnt Apply to the Press
- COLUMN - What was journalist James Rosen thinking
- Syrian Forces and Hezbollah Fighters Press Assault in Key Town
- Hack attack led to theft of 22 million IDs at Yahoo Japan
- Tumblr users threaten exodus after Yahoo acquisition announcement
- Yahoo revamps Flickr offers free terabyte storage
- Merger Monday -- Yahoo GrubHub Websense But What About Twitter and Microsoft
- What will it take for people to care about Yahoo again
- Seven Feared Trapped in Cambodian Gold Mine Collapse
- Cambodia launches cassava development project under China UNDP support - Peoples Daily Online
- Cambodia factory accident injures 23 police - Channel News Asia
- Sciaroni Associates Ruling Endorses Investment in Cambodia
- Sam Rainsy confident of returning to Cambodia to contest elections - Radio Australia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cambodian Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Climate change after cosmic impact may have wiped out wooly mammoths
- Venus Jupiter and Mercury will dance in spring twilight
- Space History Photo Engine Test in Ames Full-Scale Aerodynamic Complex
- 3 Planets Performing Rare Night Sky Show How to See It
- Tim Peake to become first official British astronaut to visit International Space Station - video