A study of future human missions has indicated corporate researchers could be living on the moon by the time NASA astronauts head off to visit an asteroid in the 2020s. The study by Bigelow Aerospace, commissioned by NASA, shows "a lot of excitement and interest from various companies" for such ventures, Daily Mail quoted Robert Bigelow, founder and president of the Las Vegas-based firm, as ...
One fan of Leonardo DiCaprio has paid 1.5 million dollars for a trip into space with the actor, during a charity auction at the Cannes Film Festival on Thursday. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the winning bidder will get the chance to travel into space orbit on a Virgin Galactic spaceship in a seat next to DiCaprio, Us magazine reported. A portion of the proceeds from the auction will go ...
New observations by NASA's Hubble Space Telescope have revealed the real shape of the Ring Nebula. The glowing gas shroud around an old, dying, Sun-like star is like a doughnut, scientists suggested. "The nebula is not like a bagel, but rather, it's like a jelly doughnut, because it's filled with material in the middle," said C. Robert O'Dell of Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn. ...
Ecuador's first satellite avoided a direct collision with the remains of a Russian rocket, but whether the device is still operating remains unclear, the head of the country's EXA space agency told EFE. The US-based Joint Space Operations Center, which had alerted EXA to the possible threat to Pegaso, informed the Ecuadorian agency Thursday that the Russian wreckage did not hit the satellite ...
Researchers in the US have captured rare images of the creation of a massive galaxy about 10 times the size of the Milky Way that was formed when two young galaxies collided 11 billion years ago, a study said. "Capturing the creation of this type of large, short-lived star body is extremely rare - the equivalent of discovering a missing link between winged dinosaurs and early birds," scientists ...
Loud, dark, and hopelessly enmeshed in loop-de-loop arcing plot mechanics that create more confusion than tension, Underworld: Evolution comes at you in an overenthusiastic bum rush, hoping to simply overwhelm your senses. Building on its predecessor, 2003s Un ... ...
Russia's new reusable spacecraft being developed by the Energia Rocket and Space Corporation will be able to make up to five space flights, the rocket maker said. The spacecraft's technical design has been finalised but is yet to be officially approved, Energia deputy general designer Alexander Chernyavsky said. The new reusable craft is to replace the Soyuz carrier rocket and is expected to ...
Our Geo Quiz comes from space on Friday. We’re looking for the name of satellite from Ecuador. Their satellite — their only satellite — has been involved in what you might call a fender bender. Russian officials say it may have been a collision with a piece of orbiting space junk from their space activities. The satellite is a nanno-satellite, a tiny computer with solar ...
The Los Angeles museum, where the retired shuttle is on permanent display, had 180,769 visitors in July 2012, before the shuttle arrived. This July, museum officials expect 230,916 ...
Vito Rizzuto. (QMI file photo) MONTREAL -- Alessandro Taloni, a former jet-setting Mafia associate who ran a $1 billion cross-border drug ring, pleaded guilty to cocaine trafficking in a New York court. Taloni, 39, faces 10 years to life in prison plus a fine that could reach $2 million, after admitting to his crimes on Thursday. Following his arrest in 2011, the Montrealer made headlines for ...
Biomedical engineers at the University of Michigan have revealed how they used 3-D printing technology to fashion a tiny, custom-made implant that helped save the life of a newborn baby boy.And the Texas-based engineering firm Systems and Materials Research Corporation has just received a $125,000 grant from NASA to develop a printer that can fabricate pizzas for astronauts to eat in ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Driving down by the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, to the combined entrances of the Sheration Wakiki and the Royal Hawaiian ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Cambodian TimesCambodian Times – Continuous News Updates from Cambodia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Cambodian Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Cambodian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Cambodian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Cambodian news, the weather forecast for Cambodian you'll find it all in the Cambodian Times.
From Kampong to Phnom Penh, the Cambodian Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
India will provide 40,000 bottles of indelible ink to Cambodia to be used in the country's general election in July, the National Election Committee(NEC) said Friday.
The ink, to cost about $830,000, will be brought to Cambodia in June, Xinhua quoted Indian Ambassador to Cambodia Dinesk K. Patnaik as saying in a statement.
The NEC has issued a letter of appreciation to the Indian government for the donation, NEC Secretary General Tep Nytha said.
He said the indelible ink, which is unable to be washed off for 7-15 days, will be used to mark voters' fingers.
Cambodia is scheduled to hold general elections for the 123-seat parliament July 28.
Some 9.67 million Cambodians are eligible to cast their ballot.
Tep said that as of Friday, six political parties have registered with the NEC to run in the upcoming elections.
Analysts project that the ruling Cambodian People's Party of Prime Minister Hun Sen will win the elections.
Hun Sen, 61, has been in power for 28 years.
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Royalty Pharma takeover bid fails to find Elan ecceptance
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Pac-Mania alive and well
- Secret Twitter garden reveals itself when you tweet
- Yahoo said to press play on Hulu bid
- Google may build wireless networks in emerging markets WSJ says
- Heart healthy lifestyle may help protect kidney patients from dying prematurely
- Court is just as traumatic Girl who faced aggressive cross-examination aged nine says she has never recovered
- How Growth of Elderly Population in U.S. Compares with Other Countries
- Housekeeper admits stealing elderly womans ring
- US STOCKS-Wall Street slips on angst over longevity of Fed stimulus
- Vietnam will allow the purchase of quiet fireworks
- Nick Vujicic Talking About God at Stadium in Vietnam Considered Miracle Says Organizer
- Limbless Aussie preaches in Vietnam
- Vietnam - Injustice reigns as eight pro-democracy activists lose appeal in Vietnam
- With fleeting reference to God Australian evangelical draws big audience in Communist Vietnam
- Nawaz Sharifs govt. faces urgent calls to address violence against journalists
- Canadian Businessman on Trial in Cuban Corruption Crackdown
- Honduras - Journalists targeted in gunfire in northern Honduras
- Canada - Proposed bill threatens independence of Canadian public broadcaster
- Syria - Syria stepping up Internet surveillance
- Google boss warns students against censorship of net and digital ethnic cleansing
- Google eyes emerging markets networks report
- Yahoo buying spree grows reports of bid for Hulu
- Google Reportedly Faces FTC Antitrust Probe Over Display Ads
- Collapsed I-5 bridge gone from Google Maps — almost as quickly as it fell
- Report Published Cambodia Laos Telecommunications Report Q2 2013 - SBWire
- Cambodias Booming New Industry Orphanage Tourism
- Fights by Cambodia garment workers grow amid bosses deadly profit drive - The Militant
- Trial in the ECCC Case 002 Civil Parties will make their voice heard - FIDH
- Reps to joint border group appointed - Bangkok Post
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cambodian Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Private firms may travel to lunar surface NASA report
- Alice Eve believes in aliens
- NASAs Chandra explores hidden population of exotic neutron stars
- Hubble reveals Ring Nebulas true shape
- Rare birth of mega-galaxy captured by space telescope