Athens is a long way from Hollywood, so when the cash-strapped Greek government decided to shut down its national public broadcaster, the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation or ERT, it sparked huge local protests, while the news barely registered in Tinseltown. However, anyone doing business in Europe – and that includes all the studios – should pay attention given the ripple ...
Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:57am EDT * Shareholders press CEO Hirai for detailed stance on spinoff proposal * Hirai says Sony's board will consider Third Point's proposal carefully * Sony shares up more than 7 pct since Third Point letter in mid-May By Mari Saito TOKYO, June 20 (Reuters) - Sony Corp shareholders pressed its chief executive for a response to hedge fund Third Point's proposal ...
(Credit: Lazada) Lazada, an online retail sales business focusing on Southeast Asia, announced Wednesday it has raised another $100 million from investors apparently confident of the region's growth potential. The e-commerce site, which bills itself as the "Amazon of Southeast Asia," was launched in early 2012 by Germany's Rocket Internet, which specializes in ...
Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:33am EDT (Adds Tony nomination for "Gods of Carnage", co-star reaction) By Piya Sinha-Roy and Steve Gorman LOS ANGELES, June 19 (Reuters) - James Gandolfini, the burly actor best known for his Emmy-winning portrayal of a conflicted New Jersey mob boss in the groundbreaking cable TV series "The Sopranos," died on Wednesday vacationing in Italy. He was ...
By Anurag Kotoky NEW DELHI, June 20 | Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:20am EDT NEW DELHI, June 20 (Reuters) - India has launched a wide-ranging surveillance programme that will give its security agencies and even income tax officials the ability to tap directly into e-mails and phone calls without oversight by courts or parliament, several sources said. The expanded surveillance in the world's ...
Brian De Palmas Femme Fatale is a tour de force of giddy-enthralling cinematic trashiness. Its a true return to a form for an old master who is constantly threatening to mellow and go soft, a highly self-conscious meditation on both De Palmas inspirations and himself. Its everything De Palmas detractors hate about him and his fans love about himit thumbs its nose at convention, laughs at l ... ...
(Credit: LinkedIn) LinkedIn is battling a DNS issue that took the business social networking site offline for an hour Wednesday night. The outage, which appears to be over for most of LinkedIn's members, began when the site's homepage was replaced by a domain sales page ...
June 19 | Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:18pm EDT June 19 (Reuters) - U.S. celebrity chef Paula Deen, known for her high-calorie Southern cooking, admitted in a deposition that surfaced on Wednesday that she has used racial slurs but her attorney says she does not tolerate prejudice. A former employee of Paula Deen Enterprises, Lisa Jackson, is suing Deen and her brother Earl "Bubba" Hiers ...
Android users and not merely a port of an iOS app." So, what are the differences between the social browser's Android and iOS app? A lot. First of all, the Android app is tooled for bigger screens, which means navigation is at the bottom of the screen in portrait mode and on the right in landscape mode. Also, as users scroll through the app, the navigation disappears to show-off more ...
The Sopranos star passed away while on vacation in Rome, Italy. Gandolfini this Saturday was scheduled to appear alongside actress Marisa Tomei during the closing ceremony of ...
Reuters © Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer of Facebook, speaks during Reuters Global Technology Summit in San Francisco, June 19, 2013. REUTERS/Stephen ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Mantra on Jolimont, East Melbourne, Australia
Right from our arrival the Mantra on Jolimont had an air of friendliness, and a sense that the property was ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Cambodian TimesCambodian Times – Continuous News Updates from Cambodia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Cambodian Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Cambodian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Cambodian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Cambodian news, the weather forecast for Cambodian you'll find it all in the Cambodian Times.
From Kampong to Phnom Penh, the Cambodian Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Some 40,000 bottles of indelible ink, donated by the Indian government, were delivered to Cambodia's National Election Committee (NEC) Wednesday for use in general elections July 28.
The poll panel accepted the ink from Indian Ambassador to Cambodia Dinesh K. Patnaik.
NEC's chairman Im Suosdey said the ink cost $877,800, and each bottle contains 70 cc, reported Xinhua.
"The Indian government always pays close attention and support for electoral process in Cambodia," Im Suosdey said. "The donation shows more constant solidarity, friendship and cooperation between Cambodia and India."
The indelible ink will be used to mark voters' fingers and it cannot be washed off for 7 to 15 days.
Cambodia is scheduled to hold a general elections for the 123-seat parliament July 28, he said, adding that over 9 million Cambodians are eligible to cast their ballots.
Eight political parties will run in the elections. Three major parties among the registered parties are the ruling Cambodian People's Party of Prime Minister Hun Sen, the main opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party led by self-exiled leader Sam Rainsy, and the royalist Funcinpec Party headed by Princess Norodom Arun Rasmey, the youngest daughter of the late king Norodom Sihanouk. ...
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- 2.7 mn Jeeps to be recalled by Chrysler over concerns on fuel tanks
- Settlement monitor faults four largest US mortgage servicers for lapses
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- How European Public Broadcasters Cash Crunch Affects Hollywood
- UPDATE 3-Sony CEO asks for patience as shareholders press on spinoff plan
- Southeast Asia e-tailer Lazada raises $100M in funding
- UPDATE 5-Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- India sets up elaborate system to tap phone calls e-mail
- OH man to be sentenced in dying blink murder case
- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies aged 51 of suspected heart attack
- Three B.C. seniors graduate high school — over half a century later
- Chinese tourists abuse of dying dolphin creates wave of public outrage
- Can middle aged women handle the crop
- Vietnam China Expand Joint Exploration in Gulf of Tonkin
- Vietnam ships nearly 3 mln tons of rice in H1
- Viet Nam to host German businesses
- Sai Gon Co.op opens supermarket
- Minh defeats Indian rival in Singapore Open
- Azerbaijan - Travel ban restricts Azeri journalist from receiving human rights prize
- Venezuela - Venezuelan court stops judge from using social media
- Sony Shareholders Press CEO on Proposed Hollywood Sell-Off
- Cambodia - Marked deterioration in human rights in Cambodia
- Bahrain - Bahraini rights defender faces reprisals for collaborating with UN
- Six nations concerned over Google Glasss privacy issues
- Dads rely on Google to solve childrens problems Survey
- Yahoo eyeing Qwiki for estimated 50 million dollars
- Google to open Android Nation retail stores in India
- Dotcom decries largest data massacre after company deletes files
- Lost medieval city found in Cambodia - Capital FM Kenya
- Cambodia anti-trafficking efforts criticised in US report
- Cambodia - Marked deterioration in human rights in Cambodia
- Cambodia China celebrate 55th anniversary of diplomatic ties - Peoples Daily Online
- Cambodia Laos Slip in Anti-Trafficking Efforts - Radio Free Asia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cambodian Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Havent seen any UFOs says Chinese astronaut
- How molecular hydrogen is created below moons surface
- UK politician claims fathering love-child with alien mistress in UFO
- NASAs Curiosity rover captures billion-pixel image of Mars
- NASAs Cassini may reveal how Earth looks like from Saturn