Fix for Off-canvas flickr --> This site is optimized with the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin v1.4.3 - http://yoast.com/wordpress/seo/ ...
Cambodia An illegal logger in Cambodia has dropped an address book during a bust, leaving behind details of corrupt government officials and spying rangers. The man fled after being intercepted by police over an illegal haul of rare rosewood in Koh Kong province earlier this month.Beth Eisenstaedt from Wildlife Alliance helped coordinate the bust and has told Radio ...
Morning shift workers arrive at a factory in Phnom Penh. After an overloaded mezzanine collapsed at the Wing Star Shoes Factory on the southern outskirts of Phnom Penh last week, killing two workers and injuring 11 others, the Cambodian government sprang into action. One of the prime minister's sons was dispatched to ...
WAM ABU DHABI, May 23rd, 2013 -- Khamana Anthirat, Laotian Deputy Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, and President of that nation's Chess Federation, has praised the efforts of Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifa bin Shakhboot Al Nahyan, President of the Asian Chess Federation, in the deployment and development of the game in Asia in general, and Laos in particular. This came during a ...
PHNOM PENH, May 23 (Xinhua) -- Leaders of ASEAN power utilities and authorities gathered here on Thursday to follow up the progress of the ambitious ASEAN power grid action plan, which was set to inter-connect power lines in the 10 ASEAN member states by 2020.Speaking to reporters after the opening of the 29th meeting of the Heads of ASEAN Power Utilities and Authorities Council, Keo Rottanak, ...
Beauty and the Beast (La belle et la bête) [DVD]
Jean Cocteaus visually ravishing fantasy Beauty and the Beast (La belle et la bte) was only the second feature he directed, following 1930s surrealist experiment Blood of a Poet (Le sang d'un pote). Known primarily as a painter, poet, and novelist, Cocteau deliberately set out to make an approachable art film, one that could engage a mainstream audience looking for adve ... ...
Lao government energy officials yesterday met with hydropower experts from around the world to discuss ways to advance sustainable hydropower development. The talks between Deputy Minister of Energy and Mines Viraphonh Viravong, his delegation and hydropower experts took place this week during a meeting of the International Hydropower Association (IHA) in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. "We ...
The Asian Development Bank has urged the Lao government to strengthen its capacity to manage land and natural resources in order to ensure the sustainable growth of the Lao economy in the longer term. According to the bank's recently released Asian Development Outlook report, the Lao government is experiencing difficulties managing land concessions after allowing private sector investors ...
The International Labour Organisation says Cambodian garment factories refusing to comply with safety requirements have one last chance before they are named and ...
Cambodia's top human rights official lashed out at a U.N. envoy Wednesday over requests for an update on the country's progress on rights, criticizing the envoy of "ignoring" earlier government responses to international concerns. Om Yentieng, president of the Cambodia Human Rights Committee, accused U.N. Special Rapporteur for Human Rights Surya Subedi at a press conference ...
Organizers of Season of Cambodia announce the final week of events for its two-month long arts festival, which began in early April 2013, and now culminates with a visual arts 'Open Studio' exhibition of works by five artists-in-residence at Governors Island off the southern tip of Manhattan. This 'open studio' of work reflects two months of work by contemporary Cambodian and ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
Expectations were high for this top of the line Hyatt product in "The Big Easy". The taxi rolled up to ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Cambodian TimesCambodian Times – Continuous News Updates from Cambodia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Cambodian Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Cambodian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Cambodian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Cambodian news, the weather forecast for Cambodian you'll find it all in the Cambodian Times.
From Kampong to Phnom Penh, the Cambodian Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
India will provide 40,000 bottles of indelible ink to Cambodia to be used in the country's general election in July, the National Election Committee(NEC) said Friday.
The ink, to cost about $830,000, will be brought to Cambodia in June, Xinhua quoted Indian Ambassador to Cambodia Dinesk K. Patnaik as saying in a statement.
The NEC has issued a letter of appreciation to the Indian government for the donation, NEC Secretary General Tep Nytha said.
He said the indelible ink, which is unable to be washed off for 7-15 days, will be used to mark voters' fingers.
Cambodia is scheduled to hold general elections for the 123-seat parliament July 28.
Some 9.67 million Cambodians are eligible to cast their ballot.
Tep said that as of Friday, six political parties have registered with the NEC to run in the upcoming elections.
Analysts project that the ruling Cambodian People's Party of Prime Minister Hun Sen will win the elections.
Hun Sen, 61, has been in power for 28 years.
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- New US meat labeling rules upsets Canada
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- Twitter beefs up security with two-step login
- Facebook users share 1 billion stories through outside apps
- Errors in cloning study cast doubt on publication process
- Deals of the day -- mergers and acquisitions
- Icahn seeks up to $7 billion for Dell bid
- Italy has lowest graduate share in Europe
- As I Lay Dying Singer on Steroids Lawyer Says
- Gazans Dying to Enter Israel
- Seniors face loss of home due to grow op conviction
- Watch jihadist rant Muslims are dying daily by British soldiers hands. And this British soldier is an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth
- Pan Pacific Petroleum days from spudding Vietnam offshore oil and gas well
- RP to export for first timehybrid corn seed to Vietnam in2...
- Vietnam nationals caught after Qld escape
- Leading Vietnamese Bank Reaches New Clients with IBM Smarter Computing
- Vietnam War-era films unearthed man attempts to reunite families with their films
- Canadian Businessman on Trial in Cuban Corruption Crackdown
- Pakistan - Roots of Impunity Special report on Pakistans endangered press
- Nepal - Maoist party cadres seize copies of newspaper in Nepal
- Obama orders review of press freedom guidelines in wake of recent scandals
- Threats against Ulster journalists are “unacceptable”
- Google wants rational tax system following criticism over firms lesser tax transparency
- The Conde Nast Startup Story Yahoo Should Study For Tumblr
- Yahoos Top 10 Biggest Acquisitions
- Google takes Street View to the Galapagos Islands
- Attention non-tech companies Ignore Google+
- Asian Queer Film Festival to feature works from South Korea Cambodia - The Japan Times
- Wildlife group busts illegal loggers in Cambodia - ABC Online
- When You Build a Small Roof for the Dog - New York Times
- Laos official praises Sultan bin Shakhboot for development of continuing popularity of chess
- ASEAN power chiefs meet in Cambodia to follow up blocs ambitious power grid ... - Shanghai Daily
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cambodian Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Telescopes Spot Colliding Galaxies
- During video hangout astronauts reflect on star-studded space mission
- 8th person pleads in $30M NASA contract fraud
- Fall River Students Chat With Astronaut In Space
- Volunteers rescue memories from Okla. tornado debris