19 May 2013 True Verdict built on her promising comeback run to gain a deserved opening success in the Come Racing On June 8th Maiden at ...
A former presidential contender, Texas Gov. Rick Perry, is doing a little bragging. "If we want to get American working again, we need Washington to get out of the way," he said. The day Obama swung through Austin earlier this month, Perry ran an ad in the local newspaper in which he referenced the "Texas model working much better than Washington's," saying that ...
Gerardo Parra’s first-pitch, solo home run was all Arizona needed to top Miami on Saturday. (Mike Ehrmann/Getty) Brandon McCarthy’s performance in the Diamondbacks’ 1-0 win over the Marlins on Saturday night was noteworthy in and of itself as he shut out the Marlins on three hits and a pair of walks extending his personal scoreless innings streak to 17. What gave the game ...
Some historians believe wallpaper had ancient origins, but despite its popularity among past generations it had fallen out of favor. Now some entrepreneurial wallpaper designers are stirring a renaissance of wall coverings with styles that surprise and amuse. Rita Braver reports. Photo ...
, which is perhaps the most eagerly anticipated film at this year's Cannes Film Festival and is slated for a December release. A German reporter referred to Nazism and the Holocaust before inquiring if the Coen brothers could define "Jewish ...
"Marvin's Room" is about people who should be close, but aren't. The movie's central relationships are both characterized by physical and emotional distance: a pair of estranged sisters who haven't heard from each other in twenty years, and a mother/son relationship that is strained to the point of breaking. The sisters are Bessie (Diane Keaton) and Lee (Meryl Streep). Twenty years ago, their fath ... ...
It seems that the world of Weird News is filled with bikinis, weenies and roots that look like Homer Simpson. Teacher Olivia Sprauer may have been fired for the swimsuit photos she posed for under the name "Victoria James" two weeks ago, but ...
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germans lamented their unexpectedly poor showing at the Eurovision Song Contest, blaming Chancellor Angela Merkel's tough stance in the euro zone crisis for their failure to win any points from 34 of the 39 countries voting. Denmark's Emmelie de Forest won the event, watched by around 125 million people across Europe, with 281 points while German act Cascada was 21st ...
patent application for an oral care device that could administer chemicals when it comes into contact with a person's mouth or teeth. Among the substances listed as those that could potentially be delivered through the toothbrush is - you guessed it - caffeine, which is listed in the patent as a "homeopathic teething or inflammation soothing additive." Other substances which ...
Umbilical cord blood holds precious stem cells. At some Swiss hospitals, mothers can donate their baby's supply to research. But some labs have privatised the practice, and not everyone is sure it's worth the cost. ...
"Forty-five Seconds from Broadway" doesn't have a plot, and maybe it doesn't need one. It's as if playwright Neil Simon thought up a bunch of subplots without coming up with a main one but didn't let that stop him. The glue that holds the lighthearted, episodic comedy together is Simon's affection for his ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers
I could not find the Web site for this hotel, and it was not listed on any of the Internet ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Cambodian TimesCambodian Times – Continuous News Updates from Cambodia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Cambodian Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Cambodian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Cambodian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Cambodian news, the weather forecast for Cambodian you'll find it all in the Cambodian Times.
From Kampong to Phnom Penh, the Cambodian Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
India will provide 40,000 bottles of indelible ink to Cambodia to be used in the country's general election in July, the National Election Committee(NEC) said Friday.
The ink, to cost about $830,000, will be brought to Cambodia in June, Xinhua quoted Indian Ambassador to Cambodia Dinesk K. Patnaik as saying in a statement.
The NEC has issued a letter of appreciation to the Indian government for the donation, NEC Secretary General Tep Nytha said.
He said the indelible ink, which is unable to be washed off for 7-15 days, will be used to mark voters' fingers.
Cambodia is scheduled to hold general elections for the 123-seat parliament July 28.
Some 9.67 million Cambodians are eligible to cast their ballot.
Tep said that as of Friday, six political parties have registered with the NEC to run in the upcoming elections.
Analysts project that the ruling Cambodian People's Party of Prime Minister Hun Sen will win the elections.
Hun Sen, 61, has been in power for 28 years.
- Large rally places job demands on Italian government
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Financial paper hacked by Syrians
- Hackers target important Saudi websites
- Target looks for new ideas from digital world
- Financial paper hacked by Syrians
- Slim broadcasters take fight to soccer field
- Twitter will damn your soul Saudi cleric says
- AP chief says phone probe makes news sources reluctant to talk
- Yahoo board approves $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr -- WSJ
- Vietnam successfully test-flies drones
- Russian dies in Vietnam after fight with compatriot
- ID released on victim in Vietnamese restaurant shooting
- US and Vietnam gradually becoming bittersweet partners
- Second Vietnamese TV provider drops CNN and BBC - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois Missouri News Sports
- Two Egyptian journalists critical of Mursi face trial
- Swivel-gate David Cameron goes to war with the press over swivel-eyed loons slur
- Associated Press CEO says government seizure of phone records has made sources less willing to talk to reporters
- DOJ subpoenas are unconstitutional hurt press AP president says
- Pfeiffer ‘Fierce advocacy’ for the press
- Yahoo to buy popular blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 billion Report
- Google chairman Eric Schmidt softens line on tax loopholes
- Yahoo Approves Bid to Acquire Tumblr for $1.1 Billion
- Report Yahoos board approves $1.1B purchase of Tumblr
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $US1.1bn report
- Strong turnout for Cold Storage Kids Run as S$11000 raised for Caring For ... - TODAYonline
- Kay Burley on enchanting Cambodia where and heaven and hell seem to collide - Daily Mail
- Cambodias great land grab | Bangkok Post news - Bangkok Post
- How a shoe factory collapsed in model Cambodia
- Cambodia factory collapse How did inspectors miss it - GlobalPost
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Cambodian Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Britains first astronaut to go on space mission in 2015
- Rodents return to Earth after space flight
- Moon meteor blast visible to naked eye on Earth says NASA
- Commander Hadfield returns to Earth
- Horrible commutes ahead Conn. train outage expected for days